Friday, June 15, 2012

Inventory Lot - eBay - Is it worth 14$ ?

Good morning people.
Today i've got a little special from eBay.

It's called an Inventory Lot.

The official auction Link:


The seller is telling me that all cards are from his collection.

And I quote:
"Over the last 20 years I have built up a collection of over 300,000 sports cards. Now its time to move and I simply won't have enough space for all but a very small portion of my sports memorabilia collection. Unfortunately that means it time for the sports cards to go. My loss is your gain big time, because I've got TONS of good stuff available at an incredibly low price. "

His description of 1 lot:

Each $14 lot will include:
  • A total of 30-50 baseball cards from my collection. My collection spans from 1909-2010.
  • Half of the Lots Contain (1) Certified Autographed Card, Game Used Jersey Card, Game Used Patch Card, or Graded Card.
  • The Other Half of the Lots Contain (2) Certified Autographed Cards, Game Used Jersey Cards, Game Used Patch Cards, or Graded Cards!
  • There are NO junk 80's and 90's cards whatsoever in ANY of these lots.

So these are the facts!
(He offers discount after 3 Lots with more Auto/Relic/Graded Stuff)

I bought 1 Lot with 8,40$ shipping to germany!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I received a total of 30 cards (remember 30 - 50in each)
I received 1 Auto and 1 Jersey # to 99
A total of 7 Rookie Cards

28x Topps Company
1x SPX
1x Donruss


The details: 

(Remember 1909 - 2010)

2 x 2012 Bowman
1 x 2012 Topps
2 x 2012 Gypsy Queen
-----
1 x 2011 Topps Update (Parallel)
1 x 2011 Topps Chrome
2 x 2011 Topps Lineage
3 x 2011 Topps Finest
2 x 2011 Topps Heritage
1 x 2011 Allen Ginter
1 x 2011 Gypsy Queen
-----
1 x 2008 Bowman
1 x 2008 Donruss
5 x 2007 Bowman
1 x 2006 Bowman
1 x 2006 Bowman Heritage
1 x 2009 Bowman
-----
1 x 1969 Topps (Common)

-----

1 x 2012 Bowman Auto (RC)
1 x 2008 SPX Relic (Jersey) #99
(Scroll down for the details)



So 17 of 30 cards are not in the range of 1909 - 2010. Those cards are NOT out of market so I can buy packs, boxes or HUGE cases my self. This would be a reason for me to give him a   -   !!! I did not.
I had only 1 parallel. It was a common diamond anniversary edition of 2011 Topps Update. Not cool.

He sais:

" I have randomly sorted and packaged the cards. So what you get is purely the luck of the draw. This is true no matter how many lots you purchase to some extent.  "

I bet in every lot are exactly 30 cards ^^ !! 
... filled with 2011 and 2012 products! 

 "I have done my best to mimic the fun, excitement, and risk involved in buying and breaking wax packs. As such not everyone will receive a big money hit! BUT many people will! "

Yeah , that's right! :)

 " The overall average value of the cards you get will be far and away better then what you would get from a packaged card product. "

Not in my case.

So enough quotes now. You can read it by yourself.
 And please take a close look at his scans.
The scanned cards are AWESOME! 
The Auto / Jersey I received was not in the the shown range. Really! 

I've scanned some things for you!



2003 Bowman Chien-Ming Wang and 2006 Bowman Howie Kendrick




1969 Topps Fred Lasher and 2007 Bowman Curtis Granderson


Some of the cool cards I think. I'm sorry but I dont even know this Tigers Pitcher up there



2011 Topps Finest Dillon Gee RC (yippi :) )and 2012 Gypsy Queen Alcides Escobar


Btw. I think the 2012 Gypsy Queen product is looking a lot better than last year. I like the "filter" , the colors. Really cool stuff .. 

My Hits: 
2012 Bowman - Brad Peacock Auto - Rookie Card

The value is just about 4$ , anyways this card is really cool. The Auto is nice and 
it's a Rookie card. So That's cool .. 

2008 SPX - Winning Materials - (Relic) Jermaine Dye numbered to 99

Now this one is # to 99 .. the normal ones are # to 150 !
Beckett say that the #99 is
.4x to 1x WM SPX 150

Why? oO 
In what world is a 150 piece limited card more rare than a 99 piece ??
If you read that, Mr. Card Fan, explain that to me. PLEASE! 

Let's say it's a 4$ card ?! Maybe dunno...

The Score : 

I'm not really satisfied with this lot. If he tells me 1909 - 2010 ... I want 1909 - 2010 
and no 2011 or 2012. 
90% of the cards are common. No cool Inserts or relevant Rookie Cards.

Only One Card was pre-2000 . This is not cool.

The hits are ok but nothing really special.

So i think the whole thing is calculated. There is no collection of a single man.
The seller bought the cards and repacked them into lots. So he is able to earn 2 dollars per lot.
(sellers name : integrity-ecommerce-inc ^^ )


I will give it 1 more chance and buy another lot or maybe 2.
Stay tuned for the result.

Thanks for reading guys!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment