Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2012 Topps Series 1 - MY first look :) Part 1/2

Hi Baseballcard Community.

It's april and I write my first post this year. It's my late first look at Topps series one.
I bought some packs over ebay an paid 16 dollar for the packs and 12 for shipping ^^
That's the sad reason for not buying packs or boxes every week.

2012 Topps Series 1 - Hobby Pack

2012 Topps Series 1 Baseball
Release Date: February 1, 2012
Retail Release Date: January 28, 2012

36 Packs Per Hobby Box
1 Autograph or Relic Per Hobby Box
1 Autograph & 2 Relics Per Jumbo Box


But let's start with part one. There wasn't a special hit but it's ok cause i'm just excited for the product.

First some base cards that you can imagine how they look like....

Jarrod Saltalamacchia Front

Jarrod Saltalamacchia Back

I think the base card design is good. A little more modern then 2011 but cool!

Some more:


Chipper Jones
Mike Napoli
Curtis Granderson


I pulled 2 Gold Paralells or Variations ... could you tell me where the difference is??

Tyler Chatwood Gold Variation / Paralell



Koji Uehara Gold Variation / Paralell 
(Really ... where's the difference ?)

Ok, bad luck with the the players. I WANT Ichiro :-O


Everytime I pull a card of Lou Gehrig I have to smile :) ... I really like this man.



We continoue with a Golden Greats card


GG-4
I want the Relic :-D haha





Another new section is " Golden Futures" 


I pulled a Freddie Freeman. If this guy is the future of Baseball ... The future sucks ^^
I don't like this guy.

Freddie Freeman Golden Futures GF-4


Let's do it quick now. We have 2 more cards ... First there is " Golden Moments

Frank Thomas - Golden Moments GM-35

Next: Classic Walk-Offs

Derek Jeter - Classic Walk-Offs CW-15

And as you know from the last years there are some stories on the back.

Finally the Give Away cards:

There is a code on the back of every card!


I don't know if Topps ships the unlocked cards to germany this year but i think they won't. -.-

If there is a guy I can send my cards to please comment or contact me.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for part 2 ... If you want some scans of the backs ... tweet/contact!










No comments:

Post a Comment